By libino Byamukama
Fire yesterday gutted a house, destroying several properties valued at about Ugx 16m at Mubuhinga Trading Center, Kibuzigye Parish, Hamuhambo Town Council in Rubanda District.
The businessman whose business was destroyed by fire has been identified as Byonanebye Livingston, son of Turyatemba.
According to the eyewitnesses, the incident happened at around 2 pm and properties including the solar panel, drinks, TV set, and the entire building valued at 16 million were all destroyed and nothing was rescued.
They added that Byonanebye left his newly married wife, whose name could not be established at the business, to attend the burial in Rwakagyema village, Mungara parish, the neighboring village.
They further revealed that in the same business, Byonanebye had been selling petroleum in plastic bottles and, while at home, the wife started parking petroleum near the burning charcoal stove before a fire gutted the whole business.
Speaking to our reporter on a phone call, Turyatemba Emmanuel, the chairperson of Habuhinga Trading Center, stated that the fire destroyed the house completely.
Turyatemba called upon the public not to sell petrol in the same house as the business to avoid risks.